Join our team
Are you an experienced allied health practitioner with a desire to help people access services and looking for more flexibility with your work?
What’s important to us
At Therapy Connect, we live by our values, which are Integrity, Equity and Perseverance. This means that we:
- are honest, fair and transparent in all our dealings and can be relied upon to do what we say we’ll do;
- believe in human rights, treat all people with respect and have a zero tolerance for discrimination and abuse; and
- don’t give up just because it’s hard.
At the core of our practice is a person-centred approach, which means that the people we work with are always physically and psychologically safe, we take the time to listen to them and ensure they have choice and control about decisions that affect them and we work collaboratively to build strength and capacity and achieve outcomes.
To delivery therapy supports with us, you must:
- be committed to a person-centred approach in your work;
- have experience in providing therapy to children and/or adults with disabilities;
- undergo a National Criminal History Record Check;
- undergo an International Police Check if you have worked overseas in one place for more than a 12 month period during the past 10 years;
- be accredited with Dietitians Association of Australia OR Speech Pathology Australia OR AHPRA, depending on your discipline; and
- be willing and able to work at least a minimum of 2 days or equivalent work.
Interested in joining our team?
We are always interested to hear from experienced practitioners interested in delivering high quality services via telepractice. If you hold the same values and you are looking for flexible work that you can do from home or anywhere in Australia, get in touch with us by filling out the form below.
Quotes From Practitioners:
“Working for therapy connect means I can maintain a positive work life balance, especially with a young family. I can work from anywhere and my clients can see me from anywhere so it’s a win for both of us.” Kirstyn
“Working for Therapy Connect has allowed me the flexibility to do both of the things that I am so passionate about which is providing great Occupational Therapy services to children and families, whilst also providing me the flexibility to be available and present for my own family. Such a unique work set up allowed me to return to my much loved OT work when I was ready after having a baby, without the additional stress of needing to travel away from home. Plus, the varied client work and families I have been able to connect with has been such a privilege and so much fun!“ Caitlin
Making simple low cost sensory tools for home and school to support your child’s sensory needs.
Margie Berrigan, one of our Therapy Connect Occupational Therapists recently presented a webinar on “Making simple low cost sensory tools for home and school to support your child’s sensory needs”.
Sensory tools can assist a child to regulate the big feelings they have in their bodies, helping them to focus longer, connect with others and be in a just right state for learning. The webinar will reference up to date evidence on the benefits of sensory based strategies and outline a range of alternative low cost sensory tool solutions. The importance of working with an OT is discussed.
Fill out the form below to access the replay.