At Therapy Connect, we live by our values, which are integrity, equity and perseverance. These values underpin why Therapy Connect exists, how we make decisions, our priorities and practice approaches, how we recruit and our everyday behaviours.
We feel these values are reflected in our policies and procedures, including our own and the NDIS Code of Conduct, and all our interactions with clients, colleagues and community. In simple terms, we define our values as:
Integrity – We are honest, fair and transparent in all our dealings and can be relied upon to do what we say we’ll do.
Equity – We believe in human rights, treat all people with respect and have a zero tolerance for discrimination and abuse.
Perseverance – We keep striving to achieve outcomes and don’t give up just because it’s hard.
An important aspect of our value of equity is a person-centred approach, which is the core of our practice. It means that:
- the people we work with are always physically and psychologically safe,
- we take the time to listen to them and ensure they have choice and control about decisions that affect them; and
- we work collaboratively to build strength and capacity and achieve outcomes.
We recruit our employees and practitioners on the basis of shared values, which means we ensure people who work with us:
- understand and commit to our values;
- are dedicated to a person-centred approach in their work;
- have experience in providing therapy to children and/or adults with disabilities;
- undergo required domestic and international criminal history and working with children checks; and
- are accredited with Speech Pathology Australia or Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) or Dietitians Association of Australia.